Yum! This recipe always makes me think of California Pizza Kitchen and all their yummy versions of pizza. Have you ever tried the Thai Peanut kind? You should. Anyway, this is an easy thing to make with some leftover BBQ chicken. In my opinion it’s best with BBQ chicken that you have cooked on the grill, but also works with baked or the crock pot version.
- 1 Pizza Crust, store bought (I think Betty Crocker makes a good one in a dried package, as well as the refrigerated Pillsbury kind) or make your own
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup shredded BBQ Chicken
- 1/3 cup julienned carrots (I usually buy the pre-shredded bag of carrots for this)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozarella (you will be SO happy when you invest in FRESH mozarella instead of the bagged kind. It is so worth it.)
Pre-heat your oven according to your crust directions.
I don’t usually pre-heat my pizza stone because then it makes rolling out the dough onto your pan difficult (unless, of course, you like burning your fingers). Sprinkle your stone with a little bit of cornmeal, and roll out your pizza dough all the way to the edges. Bake for 1/2 the amount of prescribed time on your package. This will help your crust be crispy and fully cooked.
Remove your pizza from the oven and spread the BBQ sauce over the crust. Top with chicken, carrots and onions (If you use green onions you don’t need to pre-cook them. If you are using white, red or yellow, you might think about sauteeing them in a touch of olive oil before putting them on the pizza to help them cook a bit more). Sprinkle your cheese over the whole pizza and bake for the remaining time.