Can you believe that Thanksgiving will be here in just two weeks? I’m hosting my whole family here for the week (12 people)…so that is a lot of cooking!! This is a list of what I have come up with in terms of meals. We’ll be spending Thanksgiving day with my Aunt, so we’re taking just a portion of that meal. My mom will be cooking on Tuesday night, and I am responsible for the rest. I’ve planned for things that can either be prepared ahead or are very simple to put together. So, if you need some ideas…here they are!!
- Breakfast: Bran Muffins (just made the batter this morning and they are ready to be put into the oven!) / Scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Panini sandwiches / fruit
- Dinner: My Mom is cooking!
- Breakfast: French Toast / Fruit Syrup
- Lunch: Leftovers / turkey and ham sandwiches / fruit
- Dinner: Orange Thai Flank Steak Skewers (and chicken for the non-beef eaters!) / Coconut rice / Gorgonzola Salad (can you tell I am in a ‘stick with what I know’ mode?!)/ Apple Streusel Bars
- Breakfast: Bagels and Cream Cheese / Cereal
- Run the Turkey Trot!!! (Have I told you that I run so that I can eat? And eat and eat? I do.)
- Lunch: Thanksgiving meal—Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites / Apple Streusel Bars / Gorgonzola Salad / Sweet Potatoes (we’ll do the fancier version since it IS Thanksgiving!)/ French Bread (I’ll make the dough this week through the first rising. Then, I’ll form the dough into rolls, put them in a pan, and freeze the whole thing. Then I’ll take them out of the freezer Wednesday afternoon, allow them to defrost and rise in the refrigerator and bake them Thursday morning.)
- Dinner: We’ll be stuffed.
- Breakfast: Egg Quiches / Sausage Casserole (This is my mom’s traditional holiday contribution…yummy! I’ll have to get the recipe.) / Blueberry Muffins (We’re hosting breakfast at my house for my Grandma and extended family this morning.)
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Creamy Creamless Squash Soup / Bread / Veggies (This will be dependent upon what we get from Door to Door Organics that week!)