So, this is my mom’s recipe and it is a big hit wherever it goes. She told me recently this is her oldest recipe and that she made it for Christmas the year she and my dad got married. Crazy, huh? I know you will be slightly concerned about the jarred cheese (I was), but I’ll tell you…this is a GOOD recipe. You’ll get compliments galore and you won’t have any leftovers.
- 6 oz. Roquefort cheese (Roquefort is a type of blue cheese. These cheese measurements can be varied depending upon what you have, but you should be sure to include this blue cheese–I think it’s the key ingredient to the cheese ball.)
- 10 oz. processed cheese spread
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Let cheeses soften at room temperature. In a bowl, combine cheese, onion, and worcestershire. Blend well. Stir in 1/4 c. parsley & 1/2 c. pecans. Shape into large ball, cover and refrigerate several hours.
Once the cheese is chilled you can shape it into 2 large balls or 3 small balls and then roll each ball in pecans and additional parsley. Wrap well and place in fridge, freezer or serve. You can refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze for several months. In fact, my mom and I both think it is better after sitting for a couple of days.
Serve with crackers and soak up the compliments!!
recipe from Sherralyn Daniels