- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 5 cups cooked soba (about 10 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
Shave carrot lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
Combine 1/3 cup broth, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and garlic; stir with a whisk until smooth.
Place chicken in a large saucepan; add 1 2/3 cups broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Drain; cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Combine carrot, peanut sauce, chicken, and noodles in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.
- 398 (26% from fat)
- 11.4g (sat 2.1g,mono 5.2g,poly 3.6g)