I love this salad. It is one of those things that just gets better with time. So, if you want to make it a day ahead, go for it!
- 4-6 cups broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 6-8 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Mix together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
Combine all ingredients and stir until well coated.
Adapted from Paula Deen