This is a great summer, I-have-too-many-veggies-in-my-fridge, recipe. Quick and easy. Just add what you have–carrots, turnips, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 small heads garlic, peeled and left whole
- olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
Spread veggies on a baking tray and drizzled with olive oil. Stir to make sure all veggies are well coated with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove veggies from oven and sprinkle with tarragon and parsley. Taste and add more seasonings as necessary.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add veggies and stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in feta cheese.