- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, crackers, carrots, bell peppers, etc., for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/2 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.
changed slightly from http://www.marthastewart.com/338357/hot-spinach-dip